One of the most serious arrest is driving under the influence. If you happen to be arrested and charged with a DUI, the consequences are usually serious. Loss of a driving license, job and even being liable to criminal charges are but a few of the possible consequences of driving under the influence. The good news is that with the help of a good Ft Myers DUI Attorney it may be possible to challenge a DUI and win.
Can A Ft Myers DUI Attorney Challenge a Breathalyzer Test in Court?
Once you have been charged with a DUI, for you to be convicted, prosecution has to prove that your blood level at the time of the offense was above the set limit. In most of the states, the limit is usually .10 percent. In order to build a case, the prosecution must get a sample of the defendant’s blood and test it to prove that the alcohol level was above the limit. There are several lines of defense a FT Myers DUI Attorney can put up for your case. Here, are a few of the most common:
1. The machine was calibrated improperly
2. The test was administered wrongly
3. The readings of the test were conflicting
4. There was the presence of other chemicals which made it difficult to make an accurate reading.
Those are some of the lines of defense that a reliable Ft Myers DUI Attorney can put up to prevent you from being found guilty of the DUI charge.
What Is The Probability of a Ft Myers DUI Attorney Winning Your DUI Charge?
Whether you will win the breathalyzer test or not usually depends on the competence of your DUI Lawyer Fort Myers and the circumstances that surrounded your arrest. For instance, a experienced FT Myers DUI Attorney will challenge every step of the arrest. If your rights were violated in any way, the probability of winning is substantial. In terms of figures, conviction rates in the 90′s were quite high.
In California, the conviction rate between 1997 and 2006 was between 75 and 85 percent. The rates vary a lot depending on the state in question. In Idaho, the rates of conviction have been dropping over the years, a trend that has been observed in many other states. For instance, the average rate of dismissal in 2000 to 2011 was as high as 70 percent in some states.
The biggest cause of dismissal is usually tied to the arrest process. For instance, the arresting officer has to have a solid reason for a traffic stop. If they are found not to have one, then getting a dismissal is really easy.
Other Ft Myers DUI Attorney Tips To Help Win a DUI Case
1. In case your chemical test rights were not read before submitting a BAC test, the probability of a dismissal is really high.
2. It’s easier to win a DUI if you are a first time offender.
3. Before you start a court case, make sure that you have exhausted all other possible options.
4. In case you are not confident about winning a case, try and enter a plea that will favor you the most.
All those are tips to help you win your DUI. Note that when you hire a experienced FT Myers DUI Attorney, you will have a greater chance at an acquittal.